How to cook home-brewed braised pork(HongShaoRou)?
The braised pork cooked by Dad is fat but not greasy. It doesn't need to be fried in sugar, and it doesn't need cold water to simmer, but it should be stewed for at least an hour with a small fire. After a long period of slow stewing, it will bring you unexpected flavor.
- 1000 g Pork belly
- Cooking wine
- thick soy sauce
- thin soy sauce
- 330 ml Beer
- Dried chili
- Crystal sugar
- Wash the pork belly and cut it into large pieces. Do not boil it. Heat the pot directly. Do not add oil. Add the pork belly directly and slowly fry the pork. Because the pork belly has more fat, you need to pull out the oil first, so it won't be too greasy. Try not to use too much pork with too much fat.
- In order to avoid the splash of oil, the pork belly is fried and chopped with chopsticks, and the lid is covered, so that the fat in the pork belly can be pulled out more. Remember to turn the pot occasionally.
- This is the pork belly pork that has been fried
- Two large pieces of ginger are flattened and placed in a pot
- Clip the pork belly into a pot and tidy it up.
- The lard that comes out can be packed in a clean, water-free jar, which is homemade lard!
- Add 6 tablespoons of cooking wine
- Add 3 tablespoons of thin soy sauce to increase the salty taste. Remember not to add salt first. If salt is added, the meat will be difficult to cook. You must wait until the end to add salt according to your taste.
- To add color, add a small spoonful of thick soy sauce.
- Add a small amount of dried red pepper. If you don't eat spicy, you can put less.
- In order to increase the brightness, add a small amount of crystal sugar or yellow crystal sugar.
- Add hot water or boiling water, and the water should cover the pork.
- Add a can of beer, just to make the soup over the pork. It is also possible to replace all boiling water with beer.
- Look, the meat is all soaked in the soup, boiled water or beer must be added at a time, can not add water in the middle.
- First boil the soup in a pot with a large fire and use a small fire simmer for a minimum of one hour. Remember to use a small fire, a small fire! Do not stir in the middle, so as not to break the meat.
- After an hour of slow stewing, the pork belly is already very crisp, and there will be a lot of soup.
- Then turn large fire, don't put the soup too dry, stir gently, At this time, the pork is already very crisp, so the movement should be as gentle as possible to avoid breaking the meat. If you feel that it is not salty enough, you can add the right amount of salt according to your taste.
- Fat but not greasy soil pork belly, you definitely want to come to the second piece after eating the first piece.