Mom’s secret recipe for spiced Beef
Mom’s secret recipe for spiced Beef – Generally, I don’t easily share the recipe for cooking, because my family’s chef has always been my dear mother, but the years are ruthless. Now my mom is getting older, and if some of the recipes are not recorded, I am afraid I will lose it.
- 2000 g Beef shank
INGREDIENTS 1 (FOR CURED MEAT)
- 60 g salt
INGREDIENTS 2 (FOR BRAISED MEAT)
- 2 Sand ginger
- 3 Amomum tsao-ko
- 4 Star anise
- 5 Bay leaf
- pickly ash
- 2 Dried tangerine peel
- 4 Angelica root
- Fructus momordicae
- 1 Clove
- 3 Cardamom
- Dried chili
- 5 Ginger
- 120 g thin soy sauce
- 50 g thick soy sauce
- 100 g Cooking wine
- Crystal sugar
- 50 g sesame oil
- Chicken essence
- 1 Beef leg bone
- 3 Ginger
- First cut the sirloin meat into 2 to 3 large pieces, each about 500 grams. (Do not wash the beef, do not wash! Do not wash! Do not wash! Important things say three times!) Spread the salt in the ingredients 1 evenly on the surface. (The salt should be smeared, usually the ratio of 15 grams of salt per pound of beef. But the kitchen friends think it is too salty. If the taste is light, you can reduce the salt. About 500g of beef, 11 to 12 grams of beef, can not be less.) Just like bacon.
- After wiping the salt, put it in a large bowl, cover it with a flat plate, and then press the weight on the plate (I use a large stone. If not, it is the same with a kettle filled with water. Anyway, it is It’s right to have heavy objects pressed)
- Soon, there will be a lot of blood in the beef, don't worry about it, flip it every 24 hours, and then continue to press it after turning. This process requires patience and is finished after three to four days of pickling. (At least two days, but not more than four days. In this process, the beef can be placed in a cool and dark place in the winter, and put into the refrigerator in the summer.)
- In the day before the end of the cured meat: 1, wash the bones of the beef leg, put cold water in the pot, boil the fire, wait for a lot of floating foam, remove it, rinse with warm water. 2, add appropriate amount of water in the casserole, add the big bones of the cattle, ginger slices, boil over high heat, remove the floating foam, add shallot.
- Stew for 5 hours with low heat until the bones are rotten and cook a creamy white soup. After the soup is cool, put it in the refrigerator and store it for use.
- Wait until the meat is marinated, prepare the spices, except for the shallot and ginger, put all the spices into the gauze bag, and tie the bag tightly to make a halogen pack.
- Take out the beef bone soup in the refrigerator, and add a layer of white oil and some soup to the container for preparing the braised meat. The remaining broth will not be wasted. It was originally a fragrant beef bone soup, if you are afraid that the taste of the beef is too heavy, you can add some white radish and simmer it, sprinkle with some parsley, and the taste will not change for a god.)
- Add some water to the pots that prepare the braised pork. The amount of water can cover the beef. It can be a little bit more, because the water is best added in one time. Put all the spices in the ingredients 2 except sesame oil, chicken essence and salt, including halogen pack, thin soy sauce, thick soy sauce, cooking wine, boil over high heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, turn off the heat, do not open the lid.
- Rinse the marinated beef in step 3. (The time of flushing should not be too long, just wash the surface slightly)
- Put the washed sirloin meat into the pot and put cold water in the pot.
- After the water is opened, cook for another 7 to 8 minutes, during which time it will be slightly turned to remove surface impurities and blood foam.
- Remove the sirloin and rinse it carefully with cold water and set aside for use.
- The bacon in step 8 is boiled again, and the processed burdock meat is placed. After boiling the water with a large fire, sesame oil is added and salt is added. Try the soup and the saltiness is just right. Then turn to a small fire and cook.
- After about 60 minutes to 150 minutes, try using chopsticks to easily insert and turn off the fire. (This step can put chicken or MSG, if you don't like it, you can't add it)
- Take out the burdock meat and, after cooling, cut into thin slices according to the texture. (The cut beef is oriented according to the texture of the meat, and must be cut horizontally to have the best taste)
- According to personal preference, with some soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, chili oil and other spices, enjoy.